Bachelor of Arts, General (Fully-Online)
Improve the art of thinking, engagement, and collaboration in our 3-year fully online General Bachelor of Arts. This degree provides you access to a range of subjects across the humanities and social sciences.
You will determine your study path. This online degree can help you advance your career or pursue further study. Hone skills of critical thinking, communication, research evaluation, and intercultural awareness. Online courses are delivered asynchronously, which means you, your classmates, and the instructor work on course activities at different times based on your individual schedules.
Want to stand out? Complete up to three certificates in Business, Communication, or Public Policy and Administration.
- Flexible – Log in and complete coursework when it works for you. Most courses do not have live classes. Study full-time or a course at a time.
- Variety – The General Bachelor of Arts allows you to complete course work from over 30 subject areas.
- Leaders – The University of Guelph is recognized as one of Canada’s top Universities in online education.
- Support –You will have full access to the University's student support including academic advising, technical support, library services, and career advising.
- Expertise - Instructors with significant disciplinary expertise teach online courses. They will guide you through the course content while supporting an active and engaging learning environment.
In addition to your online courses, you can complete in-person courses if you choose. If you wish to complete the Honours Bachelor of Arts (4-year) you will be required to complete on-campus coursework. Depending on your area of study, you may select a mix of online, and in-class courses including evening courses.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Optional Certificates
- Social Science/Humanities graduates are employed within 6 months
- 3 years
- Length of program
- Over 30
- Subject areas available
- Total credits earned
|1||Human Impact on the Environment||GEOG*1220||0.50|
|1||Understanding Development and Global Inequalities||IDEV*1000||0.50|
|1||Introductory Spanish I||SPAN*1100||0.50|
|2||Environment and History||HIST*2250||0.50|
|2||Music and Popular Culture||MUSC*2150||0.50|
|2||Public Administration and Governance||POLS*2250||0.50|
The General Bachelor of Arts (BAG) requires the completion of 15.00 credits, typically 30 half-credit courses. Detailed degree requirements are found in the undergraduate calendar.
Courses may have prerequisites or restrictions; current students should connect with the Bachelor of Arts Counselling Office for assistance with degree planning. Course offerings are subject to change including semester offering, creation of new courses, or deletion of current courses.
- Advertising Copywriter
- Digital Media Producer
- Foreign Services Officer
- Fraud Investigator/ Analyst
- Land Use Planner
- NGO advisor/analyst
- Police Officer
- Public Policy Advisor/Analyst
- Talent Development Artist
- Web Designer
Local School Boards
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Last updated: December 11, 2020 13:28 EST